Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Woman who would be President and Sniper Fire


Just wondering what it means to "misspeak"? If it's not a lie, what is it? And is that a trait we want in the most powerful person in the world? I mean, imagine the ramifications of misspeaking while on that hotline phone on the Oval Office desk.

But then, she's learned her political saavy from "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky" husband Bill. (Or did he learn from her...Hillary, that is.)

We're quite the forgiving nation, though. Heck, we'll elect a president who can't define "is" or one who doesn't have a clue that I'm soon going to be pumping $4 a gallon gas into my truck.

Let's see. Now it's McCain's turn to say something then deny it. But then, he's been in politics long enough that I'm sure he's already done that.

I wish baseball would hurry up and get started.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have search the world over and thought I found...oh never mind. I am wondering if this is the FAMOUS Rick and Gail that used to be the youth pastor at TBT back the late 70's (79 to be exact)?

Andy Lawrenson said...

I was going to blog about "mispoken" but then didn't. I wonder how it would have gone over as a child if I had said, "oops, I mispoke."

What gets my goat is she "mispoke" the same story over and over several times. It wasn't until she was caught in the LIE that she admitted that she had "mispoke".

Mis - wrongly
Spoke - to say something to convey information

I'm guessing that's an attorney's way of saying "I lied"

Rick Lawrenson said...

Hey Scott (not sure which Scott you are!),
You found me. So much for the witness protection stuff.

I've been in contact with Bill Dickson lately as well.

We were at TBT from 78-80. Great memories, too.

danabrown said...

Oh, c'mon! There's room for news AND baseball. I need grocery money.

Kim said...

Well, this totally made me laugh! I saw your comment on cfhusband-congrats on such an awesome family!

Gram said...

she also recently said that she was there when macedonia was created....hmmmm.....