Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sunday flashback

We had a long day today but a great one!

Today it was good to see some prayers being answered in the lives of some folks who have been struggling. God is good.

Plenty of doughnuts and coffee. A special thanks to David who was serving alone for a while this morning with a smile on his face. You rock, dude!

Great and sincere comments this morning on the teaching. And I don't say that to boast. It's just that God's Word connects with peoples' needs.

Our children's ministries teams are my heroes. They serve, teach and love our kids so faithfully each week. I don't have any small children anymore, but if I did, I'd be even more grateful to what they do week in and week out.

Great job MP 13 band. I really missed your ministry last week while I was gone.

Tonight we had communion along with a great meal. Big turnout and plenty of awesome food. Thanks Tom for leading us to the cross and teaching us about the hope it brings to our lives. And to whoever set the place up with tables and chairs, a big thanks!

Don't forget our 3/23 prayer wall! It's starting to fill up with names.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, apparently I've missed something. What's the 3/23 prayer wall? Thanks.
Paula

Anonymous said...

Children are our future. Glad to read that your church treats them so well. I read some awful things about church daycares abusing kids and I find that I can only attend church if I have my own babysitter at home now. Perhaps I will give your church daycare a try one of these days! Is it an open door policy? Kudos to you!

Andy Lawrenson said...

anonymous -

Hi, this is Andy, children's pastor at NHC. We don't have a daycare at NHC. We do offer on Sundays a children's worship service for pk and one for 1st thru 5th grades, as well as an infant nursery and a toddler's nursery.

Our members that work with our children fill out an application to join the team as well as agree to a background check. We have a secure check-in process to make sure the right child goes home with the right adult, as well as a pager system for those with children in the nursery.

More details about our children's ministry including nursery can be found at http://www.jrwaveriders.com

Check us out sometime or drop in during the week for a tour of our children's area.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Andy for the helpful information. How many hours is the nursery open for on Sunday? And what is the cost? Thank you again.
Breanna Cole

Rick Lawrenson said...

Breanna,
The nursery is open during our two worship services and is for our worshippers. It's not a commercial venture.

Bonnie said...

Our breakfast devo was taken from the sermon you preached yesterday. We talked about dressing out and standing firm. Good stuff. Thanks!