Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Peanut Brittle and A Clean Shave

While in CA two weeks ago I was given a box of See's Sugar Free Peanut Brittle. I've been trying to make it last, but (with dad visiting) it's almost gone.

I love peanut brittle. It ranks right up there with chocolate covered bananas.

A couple of nights ago I shaved off my beard. I guess it's been about ten years since I was clean shaven, without even a mustache. Mom says I look ten years younger. Most politely smile when they see me for the first time. Some laugh.

Gail likes it (for now). The last time I shaved it all off (at her request) she waited two days to tell me, "Grow it back". We'll wait and see how long this lasts.

My face is cold. But the dimple in my chin is visable again.

10 comments:

CFHusband said...

I remember the last time you shaved it all off...your daughters cried in fear...

Andy Lawrenson said...

I told him it would make his children cry!

Oh, and I laughed at him. I'm his brother, that's my job.

Anonymous said...

I had never seen you without your facial hair so I have to admit it took me a few minutes in Food Lion to recognize you!

Jeanna

Jen said...

I can't picture you without it --- have Gail snap a picture and post it. Paul and I will critique it tonight. Ha!

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Glad to see you have cleaned up your act by shaving rick, who ever heard of beard and gotee wearing preachers anyway?

What will they think of next? Probably try to wear tee shirts and jeans to service or something. It is all about what you wear, right?

Rick Lawrenson said...

Ssshhhh Terry. You never know who's listening in.

Unknown said...

What no pictures? ;)

Jane said...

had to stop and tell you that your son is just not nice!!! the suspense is driving so many of us crazy!

As for my guess, I'm thinking I would not want my FIL to know before it happened.

praying for all the family members!

CJolly said...

You are a brave man! I've only shaved my beard off twice in 37 years. Both times I was shocked and saddened by the results. My children didn't cry, they laughed!
Looking forward to seeing the new you!

Florida_Mom said...

Post a before and after pictures for those not fortunate enough to be in Nags Head Church on Sunday.

Myra in Fl