Thursday, March 20, 2008

Great Strides Walk Outer Banks


Today some of the members of last year's Great Strides Walk team here on the Outer Banks of NC met for a debriefing and to start the ball rolling for this year's walk.

Last year was our very first OBX effort and $30K was raised for research to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. This year's walk will be on Saturday, September 13 at the Dare Co. Rec Park in KDH.

If you're in NE North Carolina and want to know more, or even better, join the organizing team, you can call me at Nags Head Church. If you're elsewhere in the world, go to Nathan's blog. He has posted today about organizing or joining a Great Strides Walk in your area.

For the locals, our first meeting today was at Basnight's. On ribs day. 'Nuff said.
[in the pic clockwise from top right: Gail, Andy, Barbara, George, Brenda]

6 comments:

CFHusband said...

I think I know those people!

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Rick, are you trying to say Andy put a lot of weight on the Rib lunch?

Rick Lawrenson said...

No! Andy ate the salad!
(It even surprised the server!)

Terry Gray Sr. said...

O.K. I guess I must tell Andy I am sorry. I just knew he ate a lot of Ribs.

Andy Lawrenson said...

I don't eat ribs. Too much work for my food. I want something I can just grab and shove in my mouth.

And yes, I enjoyed a salad. It didn't fill me up but the three pieces of cornbread did.

Administrator said...

That is a great idea for a walk. It would definitely help raise awareness along the Outer Banks. With such a great community as we have I think you would have no problem putting the event together.