Friday, March 7, 2008

When to pray for your pastor

The link below will take you to another pastor's blog. He wrote a great post about praying for your pastor. Since it's likely that a lot of you go to church, this post is directed toward you so that you can get an insider's view into the very real needs of pastors.

His comments about Sunday nights and Mondays particularly ring true to me. (And I thought I was the only one who struggles this way.)

So, please take a couple minutes and follow the link. I hope it makes a difference in how and when you pray for your pastor! God knows, we need all the help we can get!!

6 comments:

marcia said...

Just sent the link to my son-in-law, a pastor. Am guessing he will appreciate it....and agree!!
Thanks!

CJolly said...

Good points. I have always understood there are burdens that goes with being a pastor, but hadn't considered those, especially the adrenalin factor.I'll keep that in mind when I pray for you.

Anonymous said...

I've always made time to pray for you on Sunday mornings and many Saturday nights; however, I never thought about the issues of exhaustion you face on Sunday evenings. Thanks for that link and for giving me the opportunity to worship God by praying for you.

Agnes said...

I remember Don's dad, known as Brother El to us growing up in the church he pastored, telling us this same sort of thing many years after we were all grown up. I am sorry to tell you how much I needed this reminder; I just get too caught up in myself.

elj377 said...

Thanks for the reminder...as I grew up in a Pastor's home I often was amazed at how discouraged my dad was on Sunday night or Monday morning....that said I think Pastors rock and was reminded to pray for mine more regularly!

Stacey said...

As a worship leader, I can tell you that those spiritual attack time frames and adrenaline rushes apply to worship leaders too. So pray for Rick and your worship leader too!