Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sleepless in Kitty Hawk?

Earlier this evening we received a call from our son Nathan that a pair of lungs that might be suitable for his wife Tricia were available and being evaluated. Because the lungs are in another state the Duke Transplant team has flown there to determine their potential for Tricia.

If they are a match they'll fly the lungs back to Duke and sometime in the AM hours the transplant will take place.

So, in the meantime, we're waiting for a phone call. If the transplant is "on" we'll leave immediately for Durham. We've already packed our bags. It's a 3.5 hour drive to Duke.

It will be an interesting night, for sure. Thanks for your prayers for Tricia, the transplant team and please pray for the family of the donor. They just lost someone they loved. For suggestions about how to pray, read this earlier post.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been and will continue to pray (plus check in for updates) for Tricia, and the donor.

marcia said...

Sleepless for sure! You and all in both families must be about jumping out of your skin with anticipation. Will be praying for safe travel for all of you making the journey from wherever to Duke...and that you will need to make that journey tonight!!!!

Florida_Mom said...

Praying praying praying.

Myra

Paul J. said...

That's so cool. Praying that these are HER lungs!

Jane said...

I'll be up all night saying my prayers for your family, studying, and watching the tornado updates on TV (gotta love Oklahoma in the springtime). I'm so glad I have a productive procrastination exercise ... praying for you all! I hope these lungs are the perfect match!

My2Girls said...

PRAYING that you are throwing those packed bags in your car anytime now and heading to DUKE!

~Amy
Sleepless in Va Beach

lisa said...

I have been awakened by the Lord several times tonight with your family in my prayers. I read the 2am update and my heart sank. But I know without a doubt the God makes no mistakes...these were not Tricias lungs for reasons we can't understand. I am praying for you as you all adjust again to the waiting. Blessings to you all.

luvgod2 said...

I'll be praying for God's abundant love, peace, comfort and wisdom for all of you right now and for the doctor's who will be and who are treating Tricia!

I have never met you personally but I have heard the "stories" via my husband, Scott Hale.

God bless you!

Stacey said...

I read the early am update and want you to know I am still praying for your family.