Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Flashback

A chilly, blustery day on the OBX of NC! Not the best weather for this afternoon's St. Patrick's Day parade, but I'm sure many of the parade viewers and participants are finding ways to stay warm.

It's always fun to watch people come early and stay late just to spend time with one another! A lot of our folks do just that. I really feel sorry for those who come in just as the gathering begins and are out the door as quickly as possible. It's not just about worship.

Tried something new today and it went well. I invited our guests to pick up their kids, grab a cup of coffee and then chat with me after the gatherings for about ten minutes. I found out a bit about them and asked for some feedback. It's always good to hear from those who may not be used to what we do.

Nate and Tricia, via the internet, got to "sit in" on the second gathering. That was fun.

The band rocked and sounded great. Their hard work really makes a difference on Sundays.

Nate found a great music video to use at the conclusion of my message today by a band called "Down Here". My message was about seeking the real Jesus, and the song was spot on. Thanks for the suggestion, Nathan. And good job selecting today's songs. One of those guests who commented mentioned how the songs fit the theme of the message.

Let's see how many of us "got it" this morning. Next Sunday will tell.

Get ready ministry teams for a crowd!!

5 comments:

CFHusband said...

It was fun to be there!!!

Andy Lawrenson said...

I think the big lobby is the coolest part of the whole building. It's great to see people visiting together. Fellowship is part of community.

Terry Gray Sr. said...

Wow. Can you believe I really forward to Sundays again?

Thanks!

Apple said...

Being new to the church, I did not realize that the gatherings inbetween services are as orchestrated as they are...in the sense that you have planned for and created a space for people to gather and fellowship. Other churches don't do that...I wish I had realized this the past Sundays that I had visited. But, I know now!

Rick Lawrenson said...

Fellowship is one of the purposes of a biblical church. Often it's reduced to pot luck dinners and cookies and kool aid.

With it being one of our purposes, we intentionally built as big a space as we could for people just to spend time with each other before and after our worship gatherings.

It's pretty cool that after church we almost have to chase people out of the building.