Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where's Mr. Rogers when you need him?


It's too bad Pennsylvania's Fred Rogers is no longer with us.

Because we were traveling last night home from Duke, I missed the Democrats' version of Smackdown err the debate from Philadelphia. From what I'm reading and seeing this AM on the news shows, it wasn't a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Was this what you and your buds were thinking, Ben Franklin? Is there another crack in the bell today?

Some Democratic leaders are saying Obama did himself major damage. I think Sen. McCain has to be chuckling.

So, what do you think? Take my poll at the top right of the blog page.

We miss you, Fred. I think had you been in the audience with your zip up sweater on, the tone might have been more about issues than zingers.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I was chatting online with a friend and watching, at the beginning. Then I couldn't figure out why I was watching. They did nothing to convince me why either of them should be the leader of this great country. Just gave me reasons why neither of them should. I turned the channel after about the first 30 minutes. To Deal or No Deal

The Hailes said...

What happened to the "good ol' days?"
My 3 kids LOVE Mr. Rogers...but not enough ppl do since they have it on at o'dark 30! My kids are not supposed to be awake at 6:30!
Oh, but this is off topic! :)

00 said...

I heard that Mr. Rogers' mom made all of those sweaters for him.

Lee said...

Both Obama and Clinton are going to implode.

McCain HAS to be loving this. He is staying quiet, under the radar and gathering speed for the "real" campaign.

Rick Lawrenson said...

I heard an interesting comment yesterday that if there is no clear Demo front runner soon the super delegates may come up with a new candidate at the convention. That would be interesting!

BTW, on last night's "American Chopper" Vinnie quit, packed up his tools and left OCC. Wow. I'll miss him.