Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sunday Flashback

It was good to be back home today!

We began both our gatherings with baby dedications. Eight in all! Wow. We've had a population explosion. But it is indicative of who our church is reaching as well.

A lady from out of town made the comment to me about how she has been coming to Nags Head Church for years while on vacation and is thrilled about the transformation she has seen over the years. A minute later another vacationing guest commented on how she wished we had sung "the old hymns". Her friend reminded her that we had just sung "I Stand Amazed". I guess "older" is relative, because she said that song wasn't "old enough". You have to smile.

Today the church got to see the new paint job in the nursery/pre-school hall. It's fantastic! The kids have to love it.

Today I talked about mission, challenging the church to engage our culture where they are and be agents of reconciliation. Next Sunday we're doing a missionary commissioning for the whole church, and I've asked them to come to church dressed as they do at work. It should be fun!

Another super job today by our band and tech team. We could sing The Revelation Song and I Stand Amazed every Sunday and I'd love it.

I'm headed out the door for our CREST meeting tonight, looking forward to hearing what God's doing through our church and to casting a little vision stuff as well.

Will the Red Sox put it away tonight? I wouldn't be surprised.
Thanks to God for the rain! The winter rye is coming up and the lawn at church is looking green for a change.

No comments: