Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Liberated!

I don't stay really close with the hot topics within our denomination. That's my choice. I've got enough to be concerned with pastoring a local church than to be overwhelmed by denominational politics.

But occasionally I do read up on what's happening here in my state. And right now it appears that the state WMU (Women's Missionary Union) is cutting ties with the state convention. It seems they don't like the direction or the leadership or something or other. So the ladies have chosen to secede and be free from their historical ties.

I wonder if they're all burning their bras, too? Fire up the old Helen Reddy anthem.

1 comment:

TerryKM said...

I wonder what exactly about the leadership/direction of the State Convention the ladies had a problem with.