Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Retreat!

There's never a good time for this, but I'm able to hide away some this week and get away from much of my regular routine. Thanks to able pastors serving with me, I've been given two Sundays away from teaching, allowing me to do some catch up on reading, praying and seeking God's direction.

And fortunately God has provided a place for me to get away. So, if you can't find me this week, that's a good thing! Please be praying with me. I need the spiritual refreshment, time in the Word and challenge as I complete a couple of books that have been patiently waiting on me.

There's a real buzz in the church right now that's truly exciting. We've launched a major small groups launch and we're scrambling to find new group hosts and leaders for all the new people wanting to join in. And the transitions we're making, climbing the next step of the ladder toward being a missional community are starting to take shape, too.

Lots of coffee will help, too. At my age reading can be the most tiring thing I do. Next to watching the Redskins, I mean.

No comments: