Friday, January 18, 2008

Viewing the Video




Tonight I was in Tricia's room in ICU while she and Nathan viewed a video of Gwyneth that Gail shot when the baby was a day old. I stood by the bed and watched her watch the video and watched him watching her. The only thing better will be when she gets to see Gwyneth firsthand, and that will be topped by the first time she gets to hold her baby.

I grabbed Nate's camera and took a few shots of them watching the video. If they turned out OK I'll post them here tomorrow. She also watched the slide show and Christmas and vacation videos Nathan has posted on his blog. It's been a fun evening!

I know I already said it, but just seeing her alert, laughing, crying, talking and able to see pictures of her baby is such a joy. I can't imagine how she and Nathan must be feeling right now. My three children were all born without complication and I was there, witnessing their births, seeing them fresh out of the oven. And as wonderful as those experiences were for me, this takes on somehow an even more special aura. I can't describe it.

You just had to be here. But I kinda think you are.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You just made my heart smile with this post. I am so happy to hear the progress that Tricia has made, and will continue praying for continued improvement. I am so looking forward to the day when you and Nathan post Tricia's first visit with Gwyneth, and when they hold her for the first time.

Florida_Mom said...

So happy to hear all the good updates. Our God is so good! Praying that there will be a lifetime of great stories and beautiful memories to come. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I can't wait to see pictures.

Prayers continue for your whole family especially your special girls.

In Christ
Myra

marcia said...

What a beautiful post! I could feel my heart swelling in my chest as the story unfolded. Yes, thanks to you and the open-ness of your family, we ARE all there in Spirit! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your miracle in so very much detail! But even bigger, I think, than the continuing story at Duke that has captivated the world, I am getting more and more caught up in what seems to be happening among Christians everywhere as a result of this. Has anyone else been awed by this response, with no apparent consideration at all to what particular denomination or group anyone is affiliated with? All of that has been set aside (except for a couple of references to Baptist preachers dancing!!! :):):) ), and we have united in prayer and praise and awe at the work God is doing! What could we accomplish for the spread of the gospel if, somehow, that unity could continue long after Nate has been able to take Tricia and Gwyneth home with him? Hmmmm....

Scott said...

Thanks for sharing grandpa! I think a few more years of life gives you a deeper appreciation! You are a blessed man.

Scott

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the moment for friends that can't be there but would sure love to be!
Eric & Andrea Anderson, Josh, Daniel, Amy, Grace, Faith, Abigail, & Samuel in TN

jesse and whit... said...

i used to truly dislike technology and computers thinking they hindered us from being outside, reading a book, or talking to a friend in person... now i am so thankful we have them for the very reason of seeing tricia being able see her baby in photographs, and on video. even though she can't hold gwyneth yet, this must atleast bring her some sort of bliss. plus, i get to keep up and be encouraged by this amazing couple. maybe computers aren't so bad after all. thanks rick for putting up these pics. they are beautiful! (and i guess i wouldn't have seen them without this computer thing huh?)