Sunday, January 6, 2008

Strange Sunday Morning

While my church family starts their second worship gathering I'm sitting alone in a tiny waiting room in a hospital reading blogs and emails. I'm really torn, but know I'm where I need to be today.

I also know things are going incredibly well back at church. Healthy churches, built upon God's purposes and not on a man get along quite well regardless of absences and storms. Plus I know that God is being bombarded this morning by praying people, not just in Nags Head, but all around the world, lifting up my family before His throne.

So I wait. Some sniffles have caused me to stay out of Tricia's room today. Don't want to risk anything for her. My parents are almost here after driving from OK, and my brother and his family are coming in also from VA, along with some of Nate and Tricia's friends and my sister from nearby Raleigh. So I won't be alone long.

In fact I'm not alone now. And don't think I'm not worshipping, either! Just wish I could hear the singing at NHC.

3 comments:

CJolly said...

You are right. It was a good morning. Andy did a great job, as did everyone else. We did miss all of you and there was some serious prayer for Tricia and Nate. To watch God working in the lives around us is something to behold.
Hope you and the rest of the family there are doing all right. You all have our prayers.
Margot and Whitney (hines) are going to Duke today. They realize they may not get to see Tricia but they want to make the effort.

Burnie said...

Gail's group had planned to cancel tomorrow night's meeting, but now have decided instead to meet at Marilyn's and pray for Tricia. What a great idea! We're going to encourage all of our groups to devote some time to prayer for them this week. Missed you guys, but had 2 great well attended services.

Thodgson said...

Rachel sang The Revelation Song just beautifully! What a truly amazing family you have, Pastor Rick. I thank God for allowing me the opportunity to know each of you.