Monday, November 19, 2007

Talkin' 'bout my generation

This morning at First Appointment* I divided one of our groups. I've been talking about it for a few weeks, so this morning I made an executive decision. "Set up an extra table".

This one particular group - The Old Guys - has grown to the point where it was time to "give birth" to a new group. They've had a great group going on. They even all got "Old Guys Rule" coffee mugs (and honored me with one! - not that I'm old, mind you). So you might think they would react adversely to being split up.

Not so. These guys are maturing disciples who get it. They know that a major purpose of a small group in our church is to grow and procreate - begin new groups. And they're setting the example to the rest of the guys in FA. So, today instead of one group with 11 guys trying to get a word in edge-wise, there were two groups with plenty of opportunity for everyone to participate.

All this at 6AM, too. Gotta love men who love God that much!



*A gathering of men in small groups for fellowship, prayer, Bible study, outreach and accountability. We meet from 6-7AM every Monday morning. I got the idea from Chuck Bayless at Coast Hills Church.

No comments: