Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Aniversary!

Today is my parents' 53rd wedding anniversary. Since they don't own a computer, they can't/won't see this. But today's a special day for them. Nine months and 3 days after their wedding I arrived. I say, "Thank God for those 3 days". Otherwise, in 1955 I would have been the subject of gossip, don't you know?

My guess is that in 53 years they've lived in 25 different houses/apartments. Sometimes they're just hard to find. Gail and I visited them a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days. It was our first visit to their current home, and we never got to see them at the last one.

Dad's been out of the Corps for 35 years, but I guess the Corps, with all its transfers never got out of him.

I hope they enjoy their anniversary. Heck, I hope they remember it.

No comments: