Saturday, November 24, 2007

My mission gets some press

This article appeared in today's local paper. The writer got it "mostly" right. (Do you believe everything you read in the paper?)

Several years ago a pastor friend told me that his church staff (at a mega church in the Atlanta area) all volunteered one work day a week in the community. It got the pastors out of the bubble and into the field. I wondered where I could be used by God for His kingdom and useful to the community, and he placed me in the fire department.

Every little boy's dream is to wear bunker gear, a helmet and ride on a fire engine with sirens screaming. Sometimes I get to do that, too.

Every believer needs a ministry to the church and a mission in the world. What's your mission? (I think I've asked that before on this blog.)