Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday flashback

Tom Lee did a great job - quintessential Tom style - of teaching about love and hate. Practical stuff. Great use of a couple of props. An easy chair for hate and a backless stool for love. He also used a video that fit well from Bluefish TV about how an older Christian won some thugs to Jesus by loving them.

I shared the video from Nathan's blog with the church for those who somehow hadn't seen it yet. He and Tricia are such an integral part of our congregation, and because our church really is a family, they are so much a part of that whole story.

Good pick of songs, Nate, with an emphasis on love. And the band, as they always seem to do, did great. Buddy and Andy both rocked on solos. We'll miss Chad's leadership next Sunday. And thanks to T for subbing at the sound table. Great job.

It looked to me like there were way more people in the second gathering. And the weather today was incredible! Sunny and around 50.

Tonight we came back for communion and a fellowship meal. I think the lure of the Super Bowl was too much for some people! But still, we had a great turn out and Burnie did a super job taking us to the cross. We shared around our tables about lessons God was teaching us about faith and prayer. And tonight was Italian food!! Thanks to Mike and Chris for surprising us by getting the room set up for us with tables and chairs. And as always, a big thanks to our fellowship team for getting it all organized. You ladies are pros.

Barring any surprises, I should be teaching next Sunday - starting a new series called "Gear Up!" about dealing with life by wearing God's protective armor.

4 comments:

CFHusband said...

I haven't been to church in like six weeks...I miss it...

Rick Lawrenson said...

And it misses you.

CJolly said...

...and Tricia!
Seriously, you should come over here and sit in sometime. We have a pretty good band, I think you would like it.

Anonymous said...

Well, yesterday was quite emotional for me at NHC. The video of Nathan holding Gwyneth reminded me of when Jessica's Dad used to hold her the same way. Funny, I saw it on the blog the other day but yesterday it was more personal. Really touched me in a deep way about fathers and how they are so protective about their precious daughters. The song was perfect.
Recent events in our broken family have made it all so poignant. To the fathers out there, I hope you never forget the feeling you had when you first held your baby daughter. They need you all the time, even when they are "all grown up."
Then Tom's Love/Hate talk was right on about emotions and how they affect us and others around us.
I love my church family!