Saturday, February 23, 2008

Fabulous Friday

Today was a most excellent day.
  • Tricia was listed and activated today for her double lung transplant! And Gwyneth continues to do great.
  • The memorial service I participated in was moving, worshipful, celebratory and well-attended. Some said it was the best they had ever attended.
  • I saw so many friends from those thrilling days of yesteryear when I was in my teens and in our first year of matrimony. You guys and girls rock!
  • For the first time in 30 years I re-visited the location of the church of my youth and first ministry position. It was kind of surreal. But it looked so good. The memories are still there, including my first sermon when I was 16.
  • I'm still full at 9:30 PM from the Mexican comida eaten this afternoon.
  • I got to chat with my honey over the phone to share some of this with her. Everybody asked about her, as well as Tricia, Gwyneth and Nate. She's coming with me when I come back out in August for a wedding. (I miss you, sweetie.)
  • I met Fidel, the owner of a most awesome restaurant in Solana Beach. We're going down in August to eat there again, and he said to be sure to let him know we're coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went so well.
Have a safe trip home.

Burnie said...

We'll miss you at NHC in the morning, and at 1st appointment on Monday morning also. Say hey to Richard, Carol and the girls for Rox and me.

Scott said...

Sounds like a great adventure Rick! You might want to send an email to the airline, in a nice way letting them know about your "adventure." I've found they will often send a voucher for relief on your next flight.

Sounds like you are being used by the Lord in a great way!