Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Flashback

My day started off with having to turn off the water to the house because of a broken water line in the front yard. It would have to wait. Glad I showered Saturday night!

Among other things we celebrated giving school supplies last week to 163 elementary children. Operation Back Pack is a tangible way of demonstrating to the community that the church cares in these tough economic times. Thanks to all who gave and served!

For the third consecutive Sunday Matt Glock and I tag-teamed to bring the message from God's Word. Today was about holiness as a church. We read lots of Scripture, mostly from Ephesians 4 and 5 that pretty much lays out holy and unholy attitudes and actions. I'm enjoying the team approach we've been able to do, but Matt's going to fly solo next Sunday!

Sylvie Glock sang a song in French today about our lives being jars of clay yet carrying the treasure of Christ. Matt had translated the words which were up on the screen for the english speakers in the church. Great job Sylvie! And even though the band usually plays in english, they were able to stay right with you, as was Nick on the computer.

I'm always humbled and surprised when one of our guests says, "Coming to church here is the highlight of our vacation every year!" I heard it again today. Thanks!

After lunch at the remodeled Dunes Burnie and I worked on next Sunday afternoon's training for our small group leaders. We relaunch our groups in September. Nate has put together a promo video series that has been simple but a lot of fun. Something about being easy and a cave man.

After several trips to Ace and Home Depot I finally got the water line repaired. I'm so glad God called me to do something other than plumbing.

No comments: