Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm really not a prophet

In my post on Friday, June 8 I commented about people dying while on vacation and how I am around that sad event all too often. The post was about crossing the finish line and being prepared for death, and how that last week (as of the writing of that post) I knew 3 people who died.

What I didn't know was that the next night I would be called to assist another vacationing family during the very worst hours of their lives. Another vacationer death. Totally accidental. Totally unecessary. This was a 21 yr. old med school student. I was there to somehow help his parents and brother through the initial shock, numbness, pain and anger.

There are times when there are no words to say but "I'm so sorry". It was very sad, indeed.

No one plans to die while on vacation, especially not young people. Was this young, intelligent future doctor prepared? I really don't know. I wonder if anyone had taken the time to share how he could know Christ and have eternal life? I don't know.

But this I do know. His time came unexpectedly. Usually does.

No comments: