Monday, June 18, 2007

I won!


Today my wife, Gail and I celebrate 30 years of marriage. It's so hard to believe that it's been 3 decades - well over half our lives, now. I offered to take her to the restaurant of her choice this evening. I was looking forward to some great seafood! Her choice: "I want you to grill a couple steaks, then let's sit on the deck and talk".


So the steaks are in the refrigerator marinating!


We met while in college when we both had jobs at JC Penney. She was well known on campus, having been a cheerleader her first couple of years. That's where I had first seen her. She was a beauty then and is still one today.


After we started dating one of my friends came up to me and said, "Your a little out of your league, aren't you?". Yeah. I wasn't a football player or a BMOC.


But I won the prize.


3 comments:

Mark Bjorlo said...

That’s Awesome! Congratulations.

Rosi said...

Ah, yes....I remember those days when you guys were dating...I think you both got the prize! Congratulations!! You saw what marriage could be modeled in your parents - I know I did.
Blessings to both of you!
PS - Dan & I just celebrated our 30th this month, too

Andy Lawrenson said...

"then let's sit on the deck and talk". What is that?
You are a Lawrenson, you know we don't talk. Must be the Kline coming through.