I did not realize that it has been a year since my last blog post! How did that happen???
So here's a bullet point list of the last year...
- Thus far Gail and I have avoided COVID in any form. A year ago we got our first vaccines and then followed up with a booster. (Please take a debate elsewhere.)
- On April 18 I preached my final sermon as Lead Pastor of Nags Head Church and officially "retired" on April 30 after nearly 40 years of full-time ministry and 30 at NHC. Our new Lead Pastor, Nathanael Stevens came aboard six months earlier and we teamed up for that time of transition. Check him out! He's great!!
- In mid-June Gail and I flew to Juneau, AK and Glacier Valley Baptist Church, where I filled in as interim pastor until mid-October. If you've never been to Alaska you just gotta go! Beauty beyond description. Alaska in the summer is paradise. And we made some great friends there. Gail also (after a 40 year break) got back into quilting while we were there, and is going strong with it now.
- My first Social Security check arrived in November!! WooHoo!
- Since being home I've had several invitations to preach at churches in the northeast NC area. One even had me back for a second time! I hope to be able to continue that kind of ministry as long as I'm able.
- After a year's absence Gail and I will be back regularly next month at Nags Head Church to do whatever we can to serve there. She plans to rejoin the Milepost 13 Band and I'll be joining the parking team!
- In the meantime we're staying busy around the house and yard, spending time with the grandkids, reading (me) and quilting (Gail). Oh, and I'm loving naps.