Sunday, August 23, 2020

What's Next?

 In my previous post I wrote about my upcoming retirement from pastoring Nags Head Church.  The timetable looks like that will happen sometime in the first half of 2021.


So, what's next?

I'm not ready for the rocking chair, and my goal for "retiring" now is so I am still "young enough" (I know, that's a relative term) to do some other things.  When God called me into "vocational" (and I don't like that term) ministry as a 15 year old I felt then as I do now that it was a life-long calling.  

 

So for all those who have tried to convince me not to "retire", please know I'm really not...unless God is finished with me.  But, I believe when that takes place, and I've done all I'm supposed to do in this life I'll graduate to the next.  That could take place today, couldn't it?  But, not knowing when that will be I want to prepare for hanging around a while longer to do other things.



Really I have no plans other than to be open to whatever.  There are a few things I would like to do (or at least try to do) while I'm able.  But, I'd like to hear from you - especially those of you who know me - what you think I might do in the coming years.  I'm not looking for hobbies or ways to "spend my time", like "more golf" or "more pickle ball", but ways to do ministry and/or mission.  I do plan to dust off my guitars, put some new strings on them, maybe take a lesson or two and become a rock star.  So, don't say that.


Gail and I plan to keep our permanent residence right here in Kitty Hawk near our family.  But, we're open to some short term assignments, or even long-term if we can commute.  So, feel free to comment below! 

No comments: