Monday, November 30, 2009

Sunday Flashback

I'm late getting this out because Sunday was unexpectedly busy.

A priority at Nags Head Church is global missions. That's part of our passion and purpose. So when we have the opportunity to have members of our Global Team (missionaries) visit, we love to have them share what God is doing in their part of the world.

Yesterday John and Cindy Peterson, with Campus Crusade for Christ spent the morning with us. They've been part of our team since 1985, and have served in the US, Ukraine and Hungary. Now they are in leadership positions stateside working with student leaders and faculty in universities in the southeast.

One of the fun things we've done in the past two or three years is to interview our Global Team mates in our worship gatherings. It allows them a relaxed opportunity to share their hearts, passions and burdens with us in a personal way. Our folks seem to really love it. And so do our missionaries!

The MP13 Band put together a great package of new and old, along with songs that speak of our need to be sent out to a needy world. I'm looking forward to this Sunday and a month of Christmas music.

Following the second gathering we baptized three Christ-followers, making four for the week. One, converted from Islam, was baptized on Thanksgiving Day. In the colder months we usually find an indoor place to baptize since we like to take this celebration out to the public. The water in the YMCA pool was just right! I don't have any numbers, but it seems to me that we've seen more men and women follow Christ in this first step of discipleship than any year I can remember. God is at work!

On a personal note, with all three of our kids and spouses in town we got the chance to get in some new family photos (including the grandgirls) at the beach Sunday afternoon. I'm looking forward to them.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Thanks to all of you who came to the YMCA after the service to witness the baptisms. It was incredibly encouraging to share such a meaningful experience with so many of you. Another wonderful day at NHC...there are so many! I am truly blessed to be a part of such a loving and committed community of believers.

CFHusband said...

It was an honor to be there to see you baptized, Brenda!

Unknown said...

I am trying to get in touch with Cindy Peterson. I worked with her in Kiev Ukraine. Do you have a way I could get in touch with her? I know it's risky, but I'm being truthful. She was my director at the school I worked with.