Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love is in the air

I hope your Valentine's Day is awesome. I got my sweetie some flowers and maybe we'll go out on a date tonight.

But there are lots of opportunities in our lives today to show someone who wants to know what love is. (I know that's bad grammar, but it's the way the song goes.) Not romantic love, but God's love.

If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth£ but didn’t love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn’t love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. 3If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;£ but if I didn’t love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.

4Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. 6It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8Love will last forever...

(1 Corinthians 13 NLT)

I've got an idea, myself.

No comments: