Thursday, July 7, 2016

For Pete's Sake, Do A Bit of Research First

A word to the wise is sufficient. (Somebody said that...) As Christians we are called by Jesus to be "wise as serpents and harmless as doves". Part of that wisdom is having Spirit-directed discernment between what is truth and what is less than truth.

With the proliferation of social media, blogging, and the tainted media (who is truly neutral anymore?) it is easy to accept the "spin" and believe the opinion without even seeking out the truth.

I know.  I've made this blunder, even though my source was legitimate and "reliable".

Make it a point to go to the source of the "story".  IOW, the person who said/did it.

Be careful out there, sheep. Wolves abound. And their goal is to fracture your faith.

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Pastor. I am also a Pastor from Mumbai, india. I am glad to come across your profile and the blog post. Your post on "For Pete's Sake, Do A Bit of Research First". It is an oppropriate advice and also a warning and a reminder as Christian to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe irrespective of their denominational background to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumabi a city with a great contrast where riches of rich and the poorest of poor live. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to MUMBAI TO WORK WITH US DURING their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church to come to Mumbai to work with us during teir vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and ministry. Also wishing you a christ centered rest of the year 2016. My emai id is:dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.