Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Where's the reunion? (Not that I would remember you...)


I don't remember the actual date, but 35 years ago around this time in June I graduated from Mt. Vernon High School in Alexandria, VA. Our baccalaureate was held at National Cathedral and our graduation at Constitution Hall in DC. The class of '73 closed down the old school, and the next year they moved to a new location.

The old school is still being used, however. And in fact, has made the news recently. You might have heard or read the story. Our old principal, Melvin B. Landes (who retired with the school after 30 + years), and an ordained Brethren minister as I recall, would be, shall I say, unhappy.

He was old-school strict. But he was loved nonetheless. He died in 2004 at 96.

I'm 3 times older than I was then. Plus a year.

What a depressing thought!

2 comments:

Andy Lawrenson said...

I remember barely being at your graduation. . .I think.

Andy Lawrenson said...

should have said "barely remember".
it's early and no coffee yet