Thursday, June 19, 2008

Color me pink (on Thursday)

Normally you wouldn't catch me saying that or anything like it. But today is different.

Earlier I posted about Haley Palmer's death at age 12 from complications related to Cystic Fibrosis. Her story was one of courage and faith, and her life touched so many.

Her parents have asked that those attending her memorial celebration Thursday morning in Oklahoma to wear Haley's favorite color. What little girl doesn't love pink? I can't be there, and probably neither can you. But I can join in by wearing pink.

It's the least I can do.

So you'll find me today wearing the pink shirt picked out and given to me by my wife and daughter. They say it looks good on me. It last saw the light of day on Mothers Day. I prefer any other color. But today it's not about me.

7 comments:

Apple said...

Well, I'm tickled pink to tell you that I too am wearing bubblegum pink scrubs today!!

I had read Haley's story when Nate posted it and I was hoping so hard for her recovery and praying for God's will. Now, I pray for her family...how hard for any parent to have to live life on Earth without her or his child.

And, Rick, you look just smashing in pink. ;) Jill isn't old enough and I haven't been married long enough to attempt the pink shirt yet...haha!!

Jenn said...

Our church has been praying for Haley's family this week too. How wonderful of you to wear pink for Haley today.

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

Sadly, I didn't see this until evening (UK time) so too late, or I might have.

Incidentally, did you know that the British Prime Minister's younger son has CF? Too sad, really; they had a very premature daughter, who died within days of birth, and then a son with CF. The elder son is okay, I think.

~j~ said...

Hayleys life was incredibly packed with inspiration and joy... wearing my pink scrubs to work today in her memory...
j

Unknown said...

Wearing pink for Hayley today and tomorrow! (since I saw the request after I got home from work, but I changed into pink out of my work clothes.)

Christy said...

OK, I'm a girl and I have NO pink. The only thing I could find was a blue shirt with a pink logo on it. I did that and I have been praying for Haley's family all day. Thanks for the idea.

Anonymous said...

Wearing pink in Pullman, WA and praying for her and her family all day long. She is breathing easy now.