Monday, April 14, 2008

More Media Coverage of Family Miracles

At breakfast with some of our First Appointment guys this AM Seth got a call from his wife Jeanna that Tricia's story was being read on the radio news here locally. Being the perceptive guy I am I knew that meant it had to be in this morning's Virginian Pilot paper. So I went outside the restaraunt and bought the paper.

There it was, front page of the Hampton Roads section!

Last spring I had been on the same radio station -Beach 104 - to talk about the Great Strides Walk for CF, so I called them and offered to come in and talk about the story. So at 9:35AM I'll be doing that, helping to get the word out here about CF, organ donation and premature birth. Who knows, I might even mention God's role in this. (Do you think?)

This was all a surprise to us!

7 comments:

mary40 said...

That is so wonderful

Blessings From Above said...

Oh, how I wish I was in Nagshead so I could hear your interview!

It is such a blessing to see how big our God is. Thrilled to see your story getting more exposure.

CJolly said...

Great interview Rick!

Debbie Meads said...

Rick,

I was reading the article this morning and halfway through realized I was reading about family. I am Gail's cousin, Debbie Ballentine Meads, from Virginia Beach. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers and I have added Nate, Tricia and Gwyneth Rose to the prayer list at my church, First Presbyterian in Virginia Beach. I am so moved by their story and their faith. All the best to your family and congratulations on the Miracle Baby and Miracle Mom.

Debbie

Rick Lawrenson said...

Thanks Debbie!

Megan and Company said...

Pastor Rick-
You're a rock star! :)

The interview was great.

Megan

Blessings From Above said...

Just heard your Beach 104 interview. You sounded GREAT!!!