Thursday, April 3, 2008

All nighter continued again

It's nearly 5:30AM. We haven't heard anything from the OR but should soon. It's now been 8 hours since Tricia's surgery began.

Since I last checked in I've eaten some trail mix, a cookie, watched bits and pieces of 4 old Law and Orders and done what little napping you can do while sitting in a waiting room chair.

Nurses and staff have no problem bursting through the door here and talking loudly. Can't they see this is our bedroom?

Before long I'm going to have to find another cup of Joe, but I'm slowly waking up.

Gail spent about an hour with Gwyneth, but started getting sleepy. She's reading a Readers Digest. Agnes is somewhere wandering. Don's asleep and Nate is on his Mac.

Soon the sun will rise and our hope and prayer is that nothing could be finer than this day in Carolina in the mornin'.

For you who have confessed to insomnia and to you who are yet to awake, thanks for the prayers.

8 comments:

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

Praying for all of you!!!

:)The Reed Family
Smyrna, TN

Katie Lamont said...

I have been waking up every half hr or so to check in... and to pray!

Anji said...

praying for you all

Karen said...

I woke up at 6 when my alarm went off, and said argh, then I remembered Tricia, so I sprang out of bed!
I love your version of life. You and your precious family are in my every prayer.

Misha said...

Woke up from time to time and prayed for Tricia and her docs. Woke up again, saw the slight morning light and realized i still had not heard news. Jumped out of bed and Andy was already up checking out the blogs.

Praying is easy. Waiting is hard. Peace is wonderful.

Misha

Becky said...

Continued prayers...

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Just found you via Nate's blog today; hadn't read anything before this morning and I've spent the last hour reading about Gwyneth's birth and the journey since then. The blogworld is praying today! :)

We were just in Nags Head two weeks ago and saw your church (my hubs is a minister, too; I told him he needs to get a job somewhere like that where I can see the ocean.) I wish now I'd known of your family while we were there to pray right then! Praying today in Indiana.

Anonymous said...

I think I have prayed all night -

Thanks for your notes on this blog.

Holly