Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday flashback




What a great day!

Awesome OBX February weather!
  • Exodus from Liberty U. stayed around after The Call Friday and Saturday and led our worship. These guys did fantastic. What a combo of passion for worship and musical ability! I hope they can come back again some time. Having them also gave our own band a well-deserved week off.

Although I've had a headache since yesterday evening (rare for me) I felt like the teaching flowed really well today. This was the second week of "Gear Up" and we covered Eph. 6:10-12.

Attendance today in the second gathering looked like a summer day for us. The ushers scrambled to set up more chairs and the parking lot overflowed. We also had at least one of the youth groups that came to The Call stick around and worship with us today.

We welcomed 8 new partners* into our fellowship today. That's always a good day.

And 4 of those were baptized after the second worship gathering at the Y. Lately almost all of our baptisms have been adults, which is really indicative of our mission.

Quote of the day: "Any church that makes pop corn for the kids on Sunday morning is my kind of church".

It was exactly the kind of day I know I needed. Just hanging out with a church so committed to God's purposes and serving so selflessly in ministry charges me up.

5 comments:

CJolly said...

It was (another) great day for sure! This church family is the Best!!
Gotta run, I'm late for Andy's 50,000th party!

Rick Lawrenson said...

Be sure to eat some of my ice cream. Jerry will thank you.

Jen said...

Now Rick, you're making us homesick for the OBX! Not fair!

Andy Lawrenson said...

cjolly - be careful of that ice cream!

When the new partners were introduced it felt like a pep rally. It was super cool to see the church so excited about growing. The energy level was through the roof!

Exodus did a great job. They are a great group of young men (makes me sound old) and I look forward to having them back next year. Hopefully for The Call 09.

CJolly said...

Remember Andy, you're only as old as you feel when you are playing. That makes us both young men!