Monday, February 11, 2008

Miracle Mike?


I'm sitting at home watching the political stuff on the eve before the "Potomac Primaries". The Democrats have a real horse race going on. It's interesting to watch.

On the other hand, the GOP nomination seems a given for McCain. Mathematically there's no way Huckabee can catch him. Yet he refuses to give up his campaign. Mike says he "majored in miracles, not mathematics".

Personally, I like Mike. I don't think he has a chance to be nominated, but I admire his spunk. I'm just curious as to why he keeps running. Stubborn? Well, he is a Baptist preacher!

Maybe he should ask for advice from another famous runner who kept going and had the country scratching its head. Quoting his mama, "Life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get".

6 comments:

CJolly said...

Mike is the only one that I could really be happy at all to vote for. I hate that my vote will be more against someone than for someone. But I really can't sit it out, especially if Hillary ends up in the race!

Anonymous said...

Rick:
Great to talk yesterday. Nathan will likely be bombarded with e-mails from New Orleans in the coming days. As for Mike Huckabee, some of the often self-designated leaders of evangelicals (Dr. Dobson, for one) waited too late to get behind Mike. There was a whole lot of talk about the lack of electability. We are supposed to follow the lead of Christ, who preached principle, not Carville, who preaches electability.
Love to all at Wave Central. By the way, I loved the Forrest Gump reference. We want to take the kids to DC when they're older, so they can see the sights and I can say, "I've enjoyed being here with you in our Nation's Capital, Jenny."
Take care,
Paul South
Paul Soth

Rick Lawrenson said...

Paul,
Just don't run out into the Reflecting Pool. They'll arrest you.

Nancy H. said...

...another great post Rick!

Anonymous said...

It was weird how the media seemed to write him off as though he was never a contender in the first place ... even at the debate! At this point, I hope McCain chooses him for a running mate. :) But today, at least it looks like there'll be two Irishmen running for president here this year: Johnny McCain, and Barry O'Bama!

Rick Lawrenson said...

O'Bama's not Irish. It's Dixie. Roll Tide.