Monday, February 25, 2008

The C Word

Please be praying for a couple of people who have had or will have surgery for cancer this week.

  • Claire is a part of our church family along with her husband Tommy and daughter Cathy. She has a wonderful faith in God (strengthened over the years by Tommy's own health issues). Her surgery today was more invasive than they hoped. Her recovery will be long and then comes the chemo.
  • Robin is a lady I met Thursday on the plane. Her surgery should be relatively "minor", but nonetheless frightening. I told her that I would be praying for her. Please join me.

And for those of you who have been following my blogging, Dylan, the 8 year old was in church yesterday and seems to be doing great!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Thank you so much Rick! Your call last night meant so much to my mom. I know I have said it before but I am just so grateful that my parents have you and such a loving church family. I am just blown away and brought to tears at the thought! Thank you all!
Still praying for Tricia, Gwyneth, and Nathan and thanking God they are doing so well!
Love, Leslie