Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday flashback

Gail commented to me at lunch today, "Have you noticed all the new young adult couples at church?". Frankly, I can't keep up with them all. I'm not sure where they're coming from, but it's so exciting to see us hitting our target. And with young couples comes lots of kids. We're crawling with 'em. We gotta get that upstairs area finished off asap.

Today was "Covenant Day" at NHC. My message brought our series "Get It? Got It! Good!!" to a conclusion by going over our church covenant - the things we commit to God and each other as a church family. Briefly they are these four things:
I will protect the unity of my church;
I will share the responsibility of my church;
I will serve in ministry in my church;
I will support the testimony of my church.
The band then played/sang a song about God's kingdom coming as we serve His heart as the church signed individual copies of the covenant and brought them forward, placing them on our communion table symbolizing their covenant. Then we joined hands as a family and prayed together. It was a great moment (and we got to do it twice!)

Also today was our Ministry/Missions Fair with our ministry and mission teams setting up displays and giving everyone an opportunity to find a place to plug in to serve and reach out.

I'm at church at 8PM, having come out of our CREST meeting (communicating/responding/energizing/strategizing/training). Our Connection Group leaders are meeting for some training right now. Great meeting. It gives our Ministry Teams an opportunity to share what God is doing and is always upbeat. No "business meetings" for us!

And our Honduran Mission Team that got home at 2AM was in church this morning. You guys rock!

Great day all the way around.

5 comments:

CFHusband said...

Cool!

Andy Lawrenson said...

I'm all for finishing the upstairs. Let's get rockin' NHC. Literally.

NCBeachMom said...

Your church sounds like a wonderful community of believers. I pray my own will be that one day. You are truely blessed.

CJolly said...

Today was one of those all around great days! We ARE family! Thanks for recognizing the band tonight. Everyone has really stepped up to fill the void left by Nate's absence. Chad in particular has done a great job moving to the front spot. He's has some big shoes to fill and has really risen to the occasion.

Scott said...

Rick,

If I lived there I'd love to be part of your church. It sounds awesome!