Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday flashback

It's now after 6PM and we're still at Duke. Our plan is to leave later this evening and drive home (about 3.5 hours).

Lots of visitors have come today to see Tricia. Included are friends from VA Beach and the OBX, aunts and uncles and a cousin from VA and NC and grandparents from OK. She slept all morning (thanks for the prayers about her getting enough sleep), so no one got to see her until later, because she also got her hair washed.

Good news is that her CO2 levels are maintaining and her blood sugar is under control so that they're taking her off the insulin drip. The baby is doing great so far. Again, the goal is January 18.

I can't begin to tell you the enormity of the response we've seen, heard and felt from around the world. Nathan's blog as a map of the world showing where people are who are visiting his blog. We're getting phone calls and emails from all over. I'm sure the angels are busy answering that phone bank as the prayers go up.

The reports I've received from NHC today make me so grateful for being part of a healthy church. You guys rock! Community is an amazingly awesome dynamic and it is so much a part of who we are as a church family. Thanks to Andy for covering for me this AM. Thanks to all of you who took the time to make a video greeting for Tricia and Nate. I know that will get them stoked.

Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His holy name.

No comments: