Thursday, January 10, 2008

Another emotional day tomorrow


With all that's happening here in Durham with Tricia and Gwyneth and Nathan something else is sneaking upon our family. Our older daughter Sarah and her husband Terry are leaving in the morning for Vero Beach, FL, where he has taken a new job. (That's them in the center of the picture at their wedding last July. I'm the handsome one left of the bride.)

We hurriedly said goodbye to them Monday morning as we rushed to get away to be here at Duke, thinking we wouldn't see them for a long time. But they managed to get their truck packed and left this afternoon, making a detour to come here on their way. They got to peek in on Tricia and visit Gwyneth.

So, tomorrow morning we will say "Goodbye" again to them, knowing they'll be far away but also knowing they're doing God's will in their lives. God bless you, Terry and Sarah. We love you. Please come home every chance you get.

And now I have a good excuse every February to slip away to FL for some Spring Training baseball!

If only she could take her cat with her...

Now back to our previously scheduled program.

13 comments:

Karen said...

Rick,

I emailed Doc Towns and pointed him to your blog. (Hopefully) He isn't 100 percent up to speed on blogging. : )

He may still be in Jacksonville with John Maxwell tonight. I'm not sure when they come home.

God bless you and your family. Next time I'm in Nags Head, I am coming to church!

Karen

Andy Lawrenson said...

Rick,

I wish they took the cat also and I don't even live at your house.

A little girl was in her backyard digging a hole. The neighbor looked over the fence and asked her why she was digging a hole. She replied, "I'm burying my canary." The neighbor noticed the size of the hole and said, "The hole is really big for a canary." She replied, "Yea, I know. My canary is in your cat's stomach."

Tina said...

I'm starting to think everyone is heading to Florida at this point. Luckies.

Haaaa, that was funny Andy. You know, Wayne decided to help a wild kitty from Kitty Hawk survive...and kitty wasn't very ummm gentle...so I nicely gave him as a gift to a friend. I thank God that she is still my friend, because that kitty is pretty big now and has to be locked up when cooking or eating or he will steal the food from the counter AND your hand or mouth(just to name one thing he does)...I wonder if she'll be digging a hole for him soon too..;o)
~T

Aunt_Nette said...

Good morning! I know you do not know me, but......... . I have family who live in Melbourne, Florida. So if they would like to consider visiting two churchs up that direction email me back. One of the churches has a new minister and he seems to be really sound in the gospel.

ZazFamily said...

rick, i finally figured out how to get on and reply. we continue to pray for your family, that God gives them strength and that tricia, gwendolyn and nathan will continue to be wrapped in his arms. i've got alot ofpeople at work checking out your blog, and praying. about that cat.....you know what we think of it.

richard

House of Zaz in CA said...

Rick,
The girls each set us up a blog name..... we are praying for your whole family and we have given out Nathan's blog to lots of our friends...... about the cat, well you know what we think.......
Carol Zaz

Rick Lawrenson said...

Thanks for the invitation to a couple of churches in the Melbourne area. But Terry's new job is as a youth pastor in a Vero Beach church, so I'm guessing he'll be busy on Sundays!

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

What's so bad about this cat? Is there anyone in the family or friends that likes it? The poor cat with no one to love on it.

George said...

Hey Rick! That is a great picture!
I spoke with Terry and Sarah this past Sunday and they were excited about their move. By the way my dogs would love the cat.

George

Rick Lawrenson said...

That cat would destroy your dogs.

CFHusband said...

I just want you to know there's a good chance Gwyneth will not be making any appearances at grandad's house while that cat lives there.

Andy Lawrenson said...

The cat took a slice out of my son's back. Just came running up for no reason. The cat is psycho!
Jumped on my leg once when I came to feed it for you when you were out of town.
What did Nate do to it when it was a kitten?

Scott said...

Rick,

When I got to our Palm Beach County operation for work, Vero Beach is our northern most market! It is a nice place, I think they will enjoy it.

Scott