Friday, September 14, 2007

Close to home

For my whole life I've watched Jerry Lewis do his Labor Day thing. One year as a kid we had a
"Carnival for MD" at our house. I admire the firemen who stand in the street asking us to fill their boots with money for MS. St. Jude's Hospital does marvelous things for pediatric cancer patients and research. There are lots of great causes out there to support. But you tend to grow numb to their appeals.

Until it gets too close to home.

Tomorrow I'm participating in the first ever NE North Carolina Great Strides Walk. It's 9 to 1 at Rec Park in Kill Devil Hills, and we're raising funds to support research to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. My son's wife, Tricia has CF.

I hope to see you there.
Bring money. If you can't bring it, send it. It's about saving lives.

No comments: