Monday, August 20, 2007

Time off

I'm taking a few days off this week. That's a hard thing for me to do because I enjoy what I do. But I also know it's essential to my health, mental and spiritual well-being, and my marriage!

Our friends from California are coming for a week. Richard and I have been best buds since high school. We were best men in each other's weddings too long ago. Carol then became part of our closest circle of friends. Now that our kids (they have two grown girls) are able to survive without us in town, we're spending more time vacationing together. In fact, Gail and I are overdue for a West Coast trip.

So tomorrow we'll pick them up in Norfolk and drive up to Williamsburg. They've never been to Jamestown, and this 400th anniversary year is an ideal time to see it.

And I'm not taking my laptop with me. (Oh, man, is my inbox going to be crowded when I get back!)

No comments: