Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Slave labor

It's Wednesday. Three days before my middle child, daughter Sarah ties the knot with what's his name. (Just kidding, Terry!) Having been through this before in April with daughter Rachel, I am taking the rest of the week off to do whatever Gail wants/tells me to do.

Weddings are a lot of work, unless, I guess, you can afford to hire others to do it all for you. So, I painted an arch and set up 200+ chairs today at church. Tomorrow I tackle the yard, the deck and the bathrooms. Company's coming.

But I'm not complaining. I'm a dad and a husband. It's what I do (to keep in good graces with Mrs. Rick and daughter). Come Saturday evening I'll be tired but it will be a happy tired.

2 comments:

TerryKM said...

"what's his name" eh? I heard that for the first time about a month ago when I saw it in writing. I don't remember what it was on, but Sarah said it was Gail. How in the world did I get that tag? *laughing* Oh well.

CFHusband said...

they call me that too, sometimes...it's nothing personal...they're just old...