Friday, June 22, 2007

Challenge the Ordinary


God calls us to live lives of excellence. And to help us understand just what that means He's given us great examples in the Bible of men and women who made the choice to be extraordinary rather than ordinary.


In the Old Testament book of Daniel we find 4 men who made the choice to raise the bar and refuse mediocrity, even in the midst of adversity.


This Sunday I'm beginning a new series in my church from those stories in Daniel, hoping to encourage the believers in our fellowship to soar with the eagles. Soon (I'm told) those messages will be available online via podcast - whatever that means.


We're also venturing into a new realm beginning Monday night with a gathering that targets the "emerging" generation or generation X or whatever you call them. It's a new challenge for me, requiring me to do some things differently in how I communicate. The message will stay the same; just repackaged in a way that we hope will connect with these young adults. I enjoy challenges, so God-willing this new venture will fly.


I'll be surrounding with young people to help me stay on course. That's always a good thing!




No comments: